Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Back to school
I am thrilled to say that things are going great at school. Kristina started at the new school with her IEP, in a much smaller classroom (total of 6 kids) and a schedule soothed to a K child 7:45am to 11:15 am, as opposed to 2:05 like the other school. The stress level at school seems to have gone down and she is much more relaxed. We never had problems at home but I could tell when school was getting to be too much for her when she started fuzzing about falling asleep. I have also full force implemented a non traditional way of parenting. It is a bit strange at first because we are used to the consequences method, you did something unacceptable there must a consequence for that behavior. The Beyond Consequences method focuses on a love, understanding and a calm nurturing environment. I see a 100% improvement on the way Kristina has accepted this style, who wants punishment when you can through love let a child know that even though their behavior was unacceptable you understand what they were feeling and next time we will do X so that we do not get to that meltdown point. It is hard sometimes as a parent but I am a calm person and that helps me in keeping things non reactionary. I am grateful to have run across this method and hope that Kristina will follow with her children once she is in the position of parenting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment