Thursday, May 1, 2008

Flash backs into the past

Dreams:
1. Two months after being home, the story was half in Russian half in English so it was something like:
K:Pasha, Dennis and Kristina kupit (buying) apple juice na magazine (at the store) and dyadya (uncle) taking photos.
M: I hope so Kristina, I hope they can buy apple juice at the store soon.

2. About 1 month ago, 1 year and 7 months later:
K: Mama, I had a dream. I was far far away, remember where you pick me in the plane, I was reading a book and all the kids were watching even the babys.
M: Was it a scary dream?
K: No, no Mom it was OK.

True Flashbacks:
1. Visiting her new school three weeks ago to the principal of the school as we got a tour of the school
K: Do you have any beds here?
P: No, no, you will go home and sleep at home. We are only here to learn.
Which I thought it was a good answer considering that a few minutes later she asked me "Why would she ask that kind of question?" Duhhhh!

2. While getting ready for bed two days ago:
K: Mama, you know that there are schools where they spank kids really really hard
M: That is terrible Kristina. How about your school?
K: Oh no Mom, my school is a good school (and she giggled with a very proud smile and she tilted her head to the side)
M: I am glad to hear that Kristina and please know that Mama will never ever send you to a school where they will spank you. You tell Mama if some one is hurting you at school.

And just out of the blue the other day she said:
"I miss Kristina", a little friend from the baby house that now lives happily with her mom and brother here in the US. She probably sees me once in a while reading their blog and looking at the kids pictures as they grow happy next to mom.

No comments: