Friday, August 15, 2008

Swimming "pro"

Kristina finished her second session of swimming. They told us that normally a child would be in 6 sessions (12 weeks) before advancing to the next level. Our little fish moved on to advanced level in 2 sessions (4 weeks). In total she has only taken 8 weeks, 4 when she first came home at some other place and 4 now. Her strength is unbelievable!
Both instructors for each session were great. She felt very comfortable with both. This last one especially, Kyle, because he listened to them and was funny. The report from Kyle at the end was: "She has a very good backstroke. It is the backstroke of a pro. I love her backstroke. Just needs a little more work on the freestyle." And I can see why, kick, stroke, breath, go straight.... Kristina had so much fun taking these lessons, to bad I did not enrolled her earlier but with the trip to CR there was no time.
Here is the start of class, jumping into the water. Check out instructor's hair, same color as Kristina!

Here she is after a dive as a last fun thing to do (ok, I should have caught her in mid air but it was too quick for this photographer)

Here they are swimming to the steps

And a lollipop after the certificates were handed.

No comments: