Friday, March 20, 2009

I"ll do it myself"

Kristina is in "I'll do it myself" stage. She is growing fast and is always seeking new responsibilities to feel she is getting older. She requested to be the one that packs her school snack. She picked the stuff below. Not bad! All fruits, that's the way she likes to eat, healthy and not too processed food. We removed the San Pellegrino sparkling orange water (130 calories with 31g of sugar, yikes!) and added a less caloric/sugary drink for school (Honest kids natural fruit juice with no sugar added, 40 calories for the pouch). She had no problem with it. She agreed it was better.

As part of the "I'll do it myself" she is requesting that I drop her off at the school curve where all kids get dropped off. She will walk herself the rest of the way.... :-( She is definitely not a baby anymore. But Mami stills stays on the sidewalk until I see her walk in the school or join her class.

Below is the pj she wanted for Pajama Day at school. She said she likes his sparkling happy eyes.

No comments: