K: Mom, I really like that sit (a small neon green bean bag)
N: Kristina, let’s talk. I’ll make you a deal
K: OK
N: How about $3.00?
K: Mmmm, How about $2.00?
N: Kristina, you are good, very good! How about $2.50?
K: Deal!
N to M: Did you or Jeff teach her how to do this?
M: No, she is a smart girl. (It is in her blood, Russians, at least the ones I know, love bargains, especially free stuff).
At snack time, Mama is giving Kristina a treat she never had before but she has seen it on TV and mentioned she would like to try it (Kellogg’s Sour Yogos bits)
K: Mom! You bought this? You paid $40 dollars? (pointing at the Ups barcode)
M: (smile) I thought you would like to try them
After a few minutes, she sips some Eating Right water juice
K: Mom, again you spend a lot of money, this one was $25 dollars (reading again the last two digits of the barcode)
M: I guess I should watch my spending, but this is all good food for Kristina.

The last few weeks Kristina started a nasty behavior, if I told her to do something she will imitate me with a sassy disrespectful face. Thank goodness that sometimes all it takes is to talk to her and she understands and stops.
M: (after a sassy reply) Kristina I have asked you not to do that please. It is disrespectful. We do not do that to mom, dad, grandma, teachers, adults, to nobody. Tell, me, Do you think it’s funny? Look at yourself; do you really think it is funny?
K: (stops and thinks for a moment) You know mom you are right, it is not funny, not funny, not nice.
M: Good, so we won’t do that again.
K: No Mom.
….I wish it was this easy all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment