Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween '08

My little cowboy girl decided to be a princess for Halloween. It all came down the day before Halloween. After investigating on the change on decision since it is not like her it turn out to be peer pressure, on a 6 year old OMG! We talked about it and I explained to her that Mama was busy and I could not run out and buy her a new outfit plus she had made a decision and money was already spent on it. I told her she had two options, find an outfit in her closet suitable for a princess or to go back to tell "Alanna" that she needed to keep her commitment with her Mom but I was not going to go buy a new outfit and I would not be offended if she was not a cowgirl and she wore something else she put together. She came up with the outfit below and wore it very proudly. I heard a neighbor ask:
N: Oh, and what are you?
K: A princess
N: Oh, which princess, snow white, Cinderella, which one?
K: (with a look on her face of duhhh!) I am Kristina Princess!
She enjoyed the going to neighbors' houses and knocking on their doors...how often do you get to knock on so many homes and have someone greet you a the door with candy?



Kristina loves our little neighbor Nikki and always takes good care of her. Nikki was Dora.
One tire princess....it is not easy wearing shoes with a little heel.

Once home I thought she would run for the candy but all she wanted was Orange Juice. She had one lollipop that night. At the beginning Kristina was all in to the candy. We never restricted it and she quickly gave it. She knows where the candy is and she is allowed to ask for some when she wants it because she has learn to eat it in moderation. Some friends told me how their parents did not allow them to eat candy and they were abusive of it when they had it and that with their kids they made it always available because they knew they were in control as to when to have it. Thank you Tom and Lynne, it worked for us too.
Kristina found the wig and the pirate below in our Halloween treasure. She had so much fun dancing with the pirate. She loves Halloween.

No comments: