Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Education

I always thought that disciplining your child was one of the toughest things to do not only because you are trying to correct them without making them feel not loved but also because it changes as the child grows. Fortunately with Kristina we do not have a lot of those moments. And talking , explaining and reasoning it is what works the best for us.

We just encountered the next most difficult thing, education. The school we put Kristina in when she first came home worked for a year, she felt welcomed and enjoyed playing there which was all good for pre-k. As she gets older she wants to learn more and the school is not able to help her get there. Besides there are other issues with the teacher that are too much for a blog.

We have been looking at other schools and I really liked a private school by my work, a Christina non-denominational school. I thought perfect, she gets great education, great teachers and the word of God in Chapel once a week. But the school is $1,000 a month, that does not include extended hours, food or uniform. Ouch!

So I looked at Capistrano Unified School district and will give that a shot. There is a school by us that has great scores, great campus and they offer the same quality of education as the private school. Unfortunately Open enrollment for kids of other neighborhoods is closed so we will have to wait to next year. She will got to 1st grade there. For now she will got to the school by our house and even though it seems like the school is not what Mama wants I hope the school has compassionate teachers that are willing to help her get ready for first grade and that have an understanding of her needs. She is ready for the new school and can hardly wait to go there.

No comments: