We have received your e-mails and phone calls expressing your concerns and we deeply appreciate you thinking of us. We are all OK and so far safely away from the blazing fires. Jeff and I are very sensitive to the fire issue. You all may remember when our RV and 30 acres of Caspers park burned. We experienced first hand how these fires can take off and consume acres and acres and how no matter how much water gets dumped the fire keeps lightening back up and containment seems to be never in sight.
Below is a few synopsis of what is going on:
* The wildfires have burned about 410,000 acres, or 640 square miles, today in is fourth day
*It has destroyed 1,500 homes and caused at least a half-million people to flee - the largest evacuation in state history. At least 1,200 of the damaged homes were in San Diego County.
*16 fires are burning now in different areas of So Cal, with great majority in San Diego County, south of where we are and where our Ranchita property is located.
*Santa Ana Winds - phenomenon where winds blow from the desert bringing warm weather and at times reaching 100mph has not helped control the fires
*Winds are expected to die down later today and our wonderful ocean breeze will blow again giving these hard working wonderful firefighters a chance to fight this battle and win.
God helps us!
Unusual freeway view!
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that some of the fires are contained. God does help us for sure!
I am glad to hear that Kristina remembers Sophia. I keep asking Sophia about Kristina, but she hasn't been clear about knowing her, but Sophia did just turn 4 so maybe she just isn't sure what she remembers.
Anyhow, I was wondering if Kristina has told you much about the baby home. Sophia keeps telling me that they were very mean and that they spanked her. She saw a Christmas tree at Macys and it reminded her of the tree in the playroom, and she immediately said, "I don't want to go to the baby home." "Please momma." "They are mean and spank me."
Just wondering if you have heard anything of the sort. Feel free to email me at dmrgirl85@yahoo.com
Post a Comment