Monday, May 18, 2009

Last days off for Mama

Monday I will be back at work. The time off with Kristina was wonderful. Papa also appreciated having me home but he says my skills are wasted at home. I think being a full time mommy is never a waste of time. Yes, true, she is gone from 7:45 am til 3 pm and all I do in the mean time is clean, do laundry and plan dinners (we are not big about eating out so we are always thinking about meals) but all those little things taken care of ahead of time gives me the free time to be with Kristina when she walks in the door. Luckily the new job is close to her school so I will continue to drop her off and I should be home a few hours after she gets home...just in time for homework yeah! "Grama" will resume her kind offer of watching Kristina until Dad gets home at 4:30 -5.

For my last days off we went to check on our property. It had been 1 month so it was time to go.
Kristina loves it out there. These are the activities she finds to do since we have no TV (got to love that!) and even though she has her Nintendo she prefers the outdoors (double got to love that!)
Preparing meals....with dirt,

making fire, cutting sticks????,
stacking up tiles and a dirty look at Mama for taking so many pictures,
going for hikes looking for treasures,
and of course there is always riding the "jeep",
and helping dad water the few trees he planted (not shown).
For a special treat Dad re-installed the swing that was knocked over by the wind



As for Dad, he walks and walks watering plants, fixing things, enjoying the views
And me, I have picked up the hobby of taking pictures. I bought myself a Cannon EOS XSi and in my time off I started playing with it....having a hard time with lighting and have not gotten to photo editing yet. Below is a beautiful desert flower for those who think there is nothing out there. You should see the beautiful pictures I took of ugly bugs. LOL

No comments: