My beloved Grandpa passed away September 20 of this year at the age of 97. He touched the life of all those who knew him. Thank you to my sister Sandy for sending me the above. "...you left us a great example to follow..There is nothing else to say but Thank you! ... for your kindness, your love, your work, your respect...you will live in our hearts and our minds forever".
I can honestly say that I never met a person that could love unconditionally like my grandpa. Never once so him angry, never once heard him speak bad about someone, never once he complained about life. He listen to the word of the Lord and lived his life accordingly. As my youngest sister Kathy said "Rest in Love Abuelito".
Kristina had a chance to spend time with my grandpa the two times we travel to Costa Rica. And Abuelito had a chance to see her grow through this blog and enjoyed it a lot. My Mami would make sure he saw the latest pictures on the blog. Kristina is well aware of my pain and understand loosing someone (I guess through her own hard lessons in life). I am sorry I cannot give her my childhood. I would trade places if I could change time. My childhood was full of love and joy because of my big family, because of my grandparents, my parents, my 15 aunts and uncles, my 55 cousins and all the love we had around us. And if you look at it closely it all points towards this great man. It all started with him. Kristina would have loved growing up around him.

1 comment:
We are sorry for your loss. Grandpas are very special people!
Hugs!
Post a Comment