Friday, December 12, 2008

Pledge Allegiance to the flag...

Kristina said the pledge allegiance this morning in front of the entire school. Teacher introduce it and mentioned that Kristina's favorite subject was Math, she liked to eat vegetables, and play in the park after school, then she handed her the microphone. She was so brave and confident, with a big smile showing her big gaps left by missing teeth she started "Put your right hand over your heart...." Yes, I cried! It was so significant to me. To see my child who 2 1/2 years ago had no future she is now saluting the flag of the land of opportunities. After that the whole classroom sang the school song "we are the viking, we work hard, we..., we are number one, V-I-E-J-O, Viejo, goooo vikings". After it was done her kindergarten teacher came over and gave me a hug and said "I cried, I cried" still with tears in her eyes. Grandma says that after school two other teachers commended her on what a great job she did.

THE PLEDGE

I pledge allegiance

to the flag of the United States of America

And to the republic for which it stands,

One nation

under God,

Indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

No comments: