Thursday, September 6, 2007

Good news bad news

The good news is that the ovarian cyst the doctor found 2 1/2 months ago has not gotten any bigger, the bad news is that it needs to be removed, the good news is that it looks very benign. After working in the Oncology field for 17 years I know there is not such thing as 100% guarantee until that mass is out and under the pathologists microscope. But I stay hopeful that it is benign and all will be over after the surgery. There is also a possibility that it may shrink within the next few weeks before surgery. So I have changed my eating habits to see if that helps shrink. I cut caffeine from my diet...ummmm I will miss that good cup of coffee in the morning, the Costarican in me loves coffee, I also cut the red meats and have increased my fruits and veggie intake to the point that that is mostly what I eat. I will do anything to make sure my dear daughter has her Mama with her to see her grow into a happy successful woman. I am trying to stay optimistic and believe in happy endings. My co-worker has added me to her prayer group at church and have no doubt that my Mami will do the same by lighting candles and saying as many rosaries as she can at night before she goes to bed. Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is this? You never said anything! Shame! Think positively. You will be fine. God called Tom and Craig. He has his quota of Clarient people for a long time!!
Loving thoughts.
Lynn