She had a great day after school with Papa. Papa picked her up from school and surprised her with a trip to the beach. She couldn't believe. She had to check with him to make sure he had everything she needed. "Papa, I don't have bathing suit" so he showed it to her, she then said "Papa, I don't have towel" so he showed it to her. Her comment when I got home was "Papa and Kristina to the beach, it was really really good". It is a shame that we do not go more often, at less than 10 minutes away we should be there every day. We have been there three times this month but...never enough.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Evening routine
The routine when I get home is I help Jeff cook dinner while Kristina takes a bath and then we all eat together at the table. The first conversation always gets started by Kristina, she says to us: "so, how was your day at work" and right there all our troubles seem to disappear. For her the day has a bit more challenges, her response is: "no time out, no focking, no hitting, no stupid"...hmmm seems like those are the things that got her in trouble before, for the record "the no focking" means no bad words. Ahhhh, well at least she know the difference between good and bad. Then I quickly clean up the kitchen while she unwinds. We then brush teeth, eat vitamins, pick up three books and go to bed to read. She is still not sleeping in her room, even though she knows that it is her room. The room where the Murphy bed is seems to be her favorite bed, the "Babushka Mami" room as she calls it. Named after Mom after she visited us in November of 2006 and Kristina moved from our room to that room. She doesn't make a fuss about it anymore. When I tell her it is time to dim the lights, and she can do it herself because she is a big girl, she gets up dims them and lays down quietly and out for the night until the next day.

She had a great day after school with Papa. Papa picked her up from school and surprised her with a trip to the beach. She couldn't believe. She had to check with him to make sure he had everything she needed. "Papa, I don't have bathing suit" so he showed it to her, she then said "Papa, I don't have towel" so he showed it to her. Her comment when I got home was "Papa and Kristina to the beach, it was really really good". It is a shame that we do not go more often, at less than 10 minutes away we should be there every day. We have been there three times this month but...never enough.
She had a great day after school with Papa. Papa picked her up from school and surprised her with a trip to the beach. She couldn't believe. She had to check with him to make sure he had everything she needed. "Papa, I don't have bathing suit" so he showed it to her, she then said "Papa, I don't have towel" so he showed it to her. Her comment when I got home was "Papa and Kristina to the beach, it was really really good". It is a shame that we do not go more often, at less than 10 minutes away we should be there every day. We have been there three times this month but...never enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment