I feel like life in the white house has finally reached a balance. The past 11 months have been really hectic. Kristina wanted Mama around the whole time, except when she was at school. Now she feels comfortable hanging out with Papa. Today she is out and about visiting some friends with Papa. Mama had a chance to go out and wonder around the stores without worrying about the little one hiding between clothes when she is tired and ready to go home. I agree with her, there is way too much going on at the mall and I do not like it either but today it felt great. She is so comfortable now, look at this peaceful angel face. We were on the boat on our way to see 4th of July fire works in Dana Point.
Today, I also went to the library to get her lots of books so we can tackle reading. 14 books on abc, alphabet and simple words that she can learn to recognize right away should be a good start. Well it is probably 12 books on abc, etc and two of my ultimate favorites like "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein, and "If you give a mouse a cookie" by Laura Joffe Numeroff. I can hear my sister yelling "I love those books!". I will post on Kristina's progress in a month when we take the books back to the library.
As some of you may now we have been trying to get a property in Ranchita as a vacation home, well more like a vacation park. The lot is/was 40 acres with huge Oak trees, about 100 years old. The owner chicken out and decided that he did not ask enough for it and took it off the market after he made a counter offer to our offer. Jeff and I wanted this lot so bad, but we are both very calm about it. I guess it was not meant to be, or may be we are still hoping.... We have not started the search but we need to start again soon. This lot represents Earl, Jeff's dad, gift to his son and it is important that we find a nice place. Earl loved people and with a place like this we will be able to have lots of guests all the time.
For now, this is it. Not bad for a first post. I will try to figure out how to post retroactively later. I am missing my pack and it is time to check and see when they will be home. "Mama, Papa and Kristina" as Kristina likes to say when she celebrates our lives together.
1 comment:
You look beautiful Kristina! love, tia Anahi
Post a Comment