Friday, July 27, 2007

Kristina's Favorite Day of the Week - Friday

What an enthusiasm she displays every morning as she gets ready to go to school, especially on Fridays. She is up and ready to go. Lots of exciting events at school on Fridays. It is Beach Party, Toy Share Day, and Pizza Party. For Beach Party the teacher is allowing them to bring their bathing suits and play on the sprinklers mid-morning. She wants them to enjoy the summer before she gets her 4 Kindergarden kids ready for First grade September of next year.

Toy Share Day is there equivalent to show and tell. Big deal for Kristina, she makes and effort to bring something cool and something different every time. It ranges from CDs with her favorite music so she can dance and sing to the well rehearsed tune, to electronic toys, to balls, to hoopla hoops, to shoes with wheels. I can only imagine the show she puts on! Today was even more special for Mama. As you all know Kristina is not a dolls/stuffed animals kind of girl but today she chose to take to school a Build-A-Bear and the kissing frog that was send to her by my friend's kids Austin and Nicole as a thank you for the birthday present she gave Austin last week. I was touched that she found it special. And there is Pizza Party. They all get to eat pizza and salad.

Don't think that this school is only play. Teacher is very good about making this kids show progress. Kristina is almost there to start writing and reading. But most of all I am impressed with her consistency in showing this kids respect for each other and good manners. As you know it is not easy to trust others with raising your kids and it upset me sometimes that I cannot be home more with her but I am pleased to see her growing into a well mannered honest loving girl. Teacher says that as long as we are on the same page and consistently guide her in the same direction she won't deviate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your descriptions make me want to go back to school, too! I hope that Zack is as excited as Kristina when he goes to school! Or, that his teacher is as awesome!

(Oh, I am a friend of Deana's - "Russia with Love" - and love your site!)